Thornton Consulting offers organisational coaching and consultancy to business leaders and their teams, promoting excellence, psychological insight, and creative, balanced management solutions to complex challenges.
Established in 1990, most of our work is repeat business; over the last six years around 85% of our time has been spent on assignments from returning clients. We are expert in embedding learning as part of the business process. Learn more about why we're different
We specialise in:
- enabling leaders and chief executives understand and fulfil their roles, and craft better strategic solutions to complex challenges
- helping teams and groups achieve robust communication and alignment for maximum effectiveness
- supporting coaches and consultants to deepen their understanding and develop their skills
Leadership development and team coaching
We help our clients develop a sharp psychological and contextual analysis to clarify how to improve business performance. Work with us if you are interested into new insights into your business, and/or in improving your work-life balance. Learn more about what we offer leaders and teams
Developing coaches and consultants
We offer coaches a boundaried reflective space for learning from their experiences, individually and in groups. As well as supervision, we offer regular groups for professional and personal development. Learn more about what we offer coaches and consultants
The secret life of groups
We offer a suite of training in working with groups and teams, based on the group analytic understanding of dynamics set out in Christine Thornton's book, Group and team coaching [Routledge 2010]. Learn more about the secret life of groups
We want to work with people who
• Are looking for long-term solutions, not a 'quick fix'
• Want to build on and learn from past experience to meet new challenges
• Are willing to stay with uncertainty long enough to arrive at new understanding and better quality solutions
• Are successful in their fields or have succeeded in the past, and want to move up a gear
• Have integrity and high ethical standards
• Are willing to learn and have fun doing it
• Value new ways of thinking.